Bishop Daniel Delany Museum

By admin • April 16th, 2010

Bishop Daniel Delany Museum

During the early years of the nineteenth century, Daniel Delany, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin, saw education as a pathway to a fuller and better life for all. To progress his vision he founded the Brigidine Sisters in 1807 and the Patrician Brothers in 1808. He also founded the present Catholic Church of the Holy Rosary. The church was dedicated in 1805; the tower and steeple were added in 1833.The fine Bishop Daniel Delany Museum in the Brigidine Convent gives a history of these orders and displays artefacts associated with the bishop.

Comments are closed.

 

« | Home | »